I think it’s fair to say most of us take the power of the Internet for granted. The days of arguing over facts, dates or whether it was Matt Bomber or Henry Cavill who played Albert Mondego in the 2002 film The Count of Monte Cristo are OVER!
Seriously though, how is it possible for two people to look so similar and not be related?
Are they related?
I don’t know. But I do know how you can find out. You can simply ask Google or Bing or Yahoo.
All of the world’s information from sports stats to Greek mythology has been conveniently compiled and is readily available for you to peruse at your leisure.
Now, due to the unimaginable volume of data floating around the Internet, search engines such as Google rely on sophisticated algorithms to sift through all that information so they can present you with the most accurate and relevant answers to your questions.
For Example, it was Henry Cavill who played Albert Mondego in the Count of Monte Cristo back in 2002.
This may seem kind of boring to some of you. I mean, who really cares how the sausage gets made, right?
Well, if you own a business and your business has a website, then you are going to want to understand the sausage-making process fully.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is a process by which you can work with a search engine algorithm to help ensure your website appears at the top of the Google search results. Without search engine optimization, your business’s website is nothing more than a drop of water lost in the ocean.
How it Works
- Choose your words carefully – Search engines literally scan each word on every webpage on the Internet. So, if you are an Ottawa based professional Barbie’s Dreamhouse builder and you have a website advertising your services, then you are going to want to use the words “Ottawa” and “Barbie’s Dreamhouse” on your website. That way, when someone types “Professional Barbie’s Dreamhouse builder in Ottawa,” into Google search, your website will pop up.
- WARNING – Be careful not to overuse those words or copy and paste the same information over and over in an attempt to bump up your SEO. The search engine algorithm will not appreciate your attempts to fool it, and it will flag and downgrade your website.
- Summary Title – Although you may not always see them, each web page has an official title embedded in their code. Search engines rely heavily on these titles as they often summarize the page, just like the title of a book. Therefore, you are going to want to pick a concise, to the point title for your website.
- Link Up – The Internet is all about connecting people and fostering community; the more connected you are, the better. So, if you are a professional Barbie’s Dreamhouse builder and your friend is a Barbie’s Dreamhouse real-estate agent, then it might be a good idea for you to have a link to his website posted on your website and vice versa.
- Link words – Creating a link is pretty easy. If you click on the hyperlink I created in the previous sentence, you’ll find out just how easy it is. As you can see, I chose to use the word “link” rather than “pretty” or “easy” to create my hyperlink. That’s because choosing the most relevant word to make your link is essential for search engine optimization.
- Don’t Get a Bad Rap – Maintaining your site’s reputation is an SEO priority. Websites with a record of fresh, engaging content and multiple quality links will be able to get in tight with the search engine algorithm and quickly rise to the top of the search results.
These tips are a great start, but they’re just the basics, and it’s important for you to understand that the algorithms are changing all the time. If you want your website to be the cream of the crop and truly rise to the top then you are going to want to enlist the support of trained professionals. For instance, just as an example, the wonderfully talented and SEO savvy team here at Jester. When you work with the best, you’ll stand out from the rest.