But social media is about so much more than just the tools. Not only do you need to know the ins and outs of how they work, but it’s vitally important to understand how to communicate effectively with them. Successful businesses and organizations know this, and are able to develop comprehensive social media strategies that can give them a real competitive advantage.
If you’re looking to brush up on your social media skills, or just find out more about how social media can work for you and your business or organization, then our Intro to Social Media course is perfect for you.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this two day intensive course:
Intro to Social Media – 2 days
What is social media and why should I care?
- The social media revolution
Overview of common social media tools and technologies
- Photo sharing
Impact of social media on communications and marketing practices
- Non-profit Organizations
The first step: Listening
- Why should I be listening?
- What are listening posts?
- How to set up an effective listening strategy
Establishing your social media goals
- Defining SMART social media goals
- Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely
Developing social media strategies
- Creating spaces
- Building communities
- Creating neighbourhoods for interaction
- Getting attention
- What to measure
- Why to measure
- Measurement tools
- Evaluating resource requirements
- How to maximize efficiencies
- Resource training and coaching
- Developing internal guidelines for social media
- Crisis management